- Despite both the girls and boys cross-country teams finishing fifth in the conference and not qualifying for states, senior Sarah Goodrich and senior Zack Dalton both qualified for the state race individually.
- Goodrich placed 11th at states.
- “Overall, I didn’t quite have the season I wanted, but I was still able to compete at states and place all-state. Even though my cross-country wasn’t great, I’m excited for the upcoming track season,” said Goodrich.
- On the other hand, Dalton did not manage to place as high at states, but still had a successful season.
- “It was a surreal experience because I was running against the best in state. I didn’t do too hot, but it was still a fun run and a great closing to the season,” said Dalton.
- Head Coach: Chris Wakefield
- Record: 23-8 (top 8 in State 5A)
- Highlight of season: Victory against Deep Run in conference semi finals
- Captains: Mackenzie Brewer, Jr.; Navia Higgins, Sr.; Brooke Taylor, Sr.
- Key players: Brewer, Taylor, Nora Saxman, So.
- Coach quote: “I have to shout out the whole Godwin student body and the Godwin Pep Band. At home matches this year it was their energy that willed our team to victory in big matches. As a coach it puts a smile on my face to see the support we get from our entire school as well as knowing that we have a great home court advantage!” said Wakefield.
- Player quote: “We had an amazing season and I cannot wait to do even better next year,” said Saxman.
- Coach: Whiney Difrischia
- Record: 11-8 (fifth in conference)
- Captains: Connor Hicks, So.; Jake Parker, Sr.; Adam Smith, Jr.
- Key contributors: Luke Farina, Jr.; Hicks; Ryan Keogh, So.; Smith; Spencer West, Jr.
- Highlight: Finished in gold bracket of a showcase tournament for the first time in ten years
- Player Quote: “We were the first Godwin team to make the Gold bracket in the Virginia Volleyball Showcase and it was the first time since I’ve been in the program that we have beaten Deep Run, so the future definitely looks bright.” -West
- Coach: Kayla Mueller
- Record: 6-8 (lost in conference semis)
- Captains: Hailey Gutzmer, Sr.; Taylor McDonald, Sr.
- Key contributors: Mariah Ingegni, Sr.; McDonald; Molly Wheeler, Fr.
- Highlight: Beating Freeman on senior night
- Coach quote: “Being a new coach, I was extremely pleased on our performance throughout the season and look forward to next year.” –Mueller
- Player quote: “This season was totally different from all the past ones because we got a new coach, and we had to do a lot of adjusting. We struggled at the beginning of the season but we pulled it together toward the end.” –Gutzmer
- Coach: Logan McPherson
- Record: 6-4 (sixth in conference)
- Captains: Will Barney, Sr.; Coleman Callaway, Sr.; Aaron D’Amato, Sr.; John Kastner, Sr.; Ricky Lewis, Sr.
- Key contributors: Barney, Ben Carroll, Jr.; Wesley Dugger, So.; Taylor Kickler, Sr.; Ricky Lewis, Sr.
- Highlight: 27-5 win over Patrick Henry and a five game streak of holding opponents under 18 points
- Coach quote: “The Eagles were able to battle through adversity and finish the season strongly. We look forward to continued success next season.” -McPherson
- Player quote: “The season got off to a little bit of a rough start, but in the second half of the season we picked ourselves up and were able to finish on a positive note with a winning record.”