On Friday November 15, Godwin will lose its Technology Support Technician, Justin Cole.

Cole is a Godwin alumnus, Class of 2004. He participated on the golf team as a freshmen and sophomore and played soccer throughout his entire high school career. Along with athletics, Cole was inducted into the National Thespian Society for his achievements in drama.

After graduating from Radford University in 2008, Cole began training for the computer technician position in the spring of 2009. This year would mark Cole’s fourth year as a Godwin faculty member.

For the past three school years, he has been coaching the Godwin’s girls’ soccer Junior Varsity team. “Practice won’t be the same without him. He always brought a fun vibe to the team,” said Junior Emily Reynolds.

Cole is an active participant in the annual Variety Show and Homecoming Pep Rally. Laralin Roland, Jr. said, “His performances always had the entire gym laughing.”

One Godwin tradition Cole enjoys is Poetry Day. He is one of the few people that submit their own poetry every year for the event. Although Cole will not be a part of Godwin’s faculty, he plans to continue submitting his work through email.

Cole will now be working at The Martin Agency, an advertising company based in Richmond.

When asked about what he will miss most about Godwin, Cole said, “I’m going to miss pulling pranks on the teachers and students.”

0 Comments